A free and easy-to-use two-factor authentication plugin for WordPress
Add an extra layer of security to your WordPress website login pages and protect your users. Enable two-factor authentication (2FA), the best protection against users using weak passwords, automated password guessing, and brute force attacks.
Use the WP 2FA plugin to enable two-factor authentication for your WordPress administrator, and to enforce your website users, or users with a specific role to use 2FA. This plugin is very easy to use; everything can be configured via wizards with clear instructions, so even non technical users can setup 2FA without requiring technical assistance.
MAINTAINED & SUPPORTED BY MELAPRESS
Browse our list of WordPress security and administration plugins to see how our plugins can help you better manage and improve the security and administration of your WordPress websites and users.
WP 2FA key plugin features and capabilities
- Free Two-factor authentication (2FA) for all users
- Supports multiple 2FA methods
- Universal 2FA app support – generate codes from Google Authenticator, Authy & any other 2FA app
- Supports 2FA backup methods
- Very easy to use and simple to set up
- Use 2FA policies to enforce 2FA with a grace period or require users to instantly setup 2FA upon logging in
- No WordPress dashboard access is required for users to set up 2FA
- Fully editable email templates
- Protection against automated password & dictionary attacks
- Much more
Upgrade to WP 2FA Premium and get even more
The premium version of WP 2FA comes bundled with even more features to take your WordPress website login security to the next level.
With the premium edition of WP 2FA, you get more 2FA methods, 1-click integration with WooCommerce, trusted devices feature, and extensive white labeling capabilities.
Premium features list
- Everything in the free version
- Full white labeling capabilities
- Trusted devices (no 2FA required)
- Additionl 2FA methods (such as 2FA over SMS)
- Require 2FA on password reset
- One-click integration with WooCommerce
- Much more
Refer to the WP 2FA plugin features and benefits page to learn more about the benefits of upgrading to WP 2FA Premium.
Free and premium support
Premium world-class support for WP 2FA is free via email or through the WordPress support forums.
Note: paid customer support is given priority and is provided via one-to-one email. Upgrade to Premium to benefit from priority support.
For any other queries, feedback, or if you simply want to get in touch with us, please use our contact form.
As featured on:
Related links and documentation:
You can find more detailed information about 2FA and its benefits in the links below
- The benefits of using 2FA on WordPress
- Beginner’s guide to two-factor authentication
- Setting up Google Authenticator for WordPress 2FA
- List of supported 2FA apps
- The definitive guide to WordPress security
- Official Melapress website
Installing WP 2FA
From within WordPress
- Navigate to ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Search for ‘WP 2FA’
- Install & activate WP 2FA from your Plugins page
- Download the plugin from the WordPress plugins repository
- Unzip the zip file and upload the folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the WP 2FA plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
نقد و بررسیها
توسعه دهندگان و همکاران
“WP 2FA – Two-factor authentication for WordPress” نرم افزار متن باز است. افراد زیر در این افزونه مشارکت کردهاند.مشارکت کنندگان
- Added new notices and a few “missing” strings to the POT (translation) file.
Improved and added sanitization to more user inputs in the plugin.
- Bug fixes
- Fixed: Added missing ‘ div’ HTML element in the front-end 2FA form.
- Fixed: Updated the legacy Enterprise plan – added the missing feastures – the plan is now called Ent.
Refer to the complete plugin changelog for more detailed information about what was new, improved and fixed in previous version updates of WP 2FA.