Easy site importer makes the process of migrating from any web site a much simpler, easy and a less time consuming process.
Simply enter the URL of a site and Easy Site Importer will automatically scan the target website to find sections of the site which have content to be scraped.
Specify which main HTML content block contains the main content for the site and if required an additional start and end string within this main content block.
- Automatically scan the site to identify the main content blocks for scraping
- Spider the site automatically to find all the pages with content
- Filter the html to remove inline CSS, Class, Span or Div tags
- Identify and replace hard coded absolute URLs
- Import any images found into the media uploads directory and change the image tags
- Import SEO title and description tags into wordpress SEO YOAST, All in One SEO Pack and Add Meta plugin
- Upload the
site-importerfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your wordpress site
- Activate the Easy Site Importer plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin by going to the
Site Importermenu that appears in your admin menu
- How do I spider more pages on a site
It is possible to increase this limit depending on how responsive the site is, and if your web server can deal with the extra execution time.
Increase the limit setting within the class-site-importer-admin.php file, You may need to increase the php execution time within php.ini or by adding the line set_time_limit(200);
- I get the error ‘unexpected T_FUNCTION’
This error is caused when using old versions of PHP which are less than version 5.3 and this plugin only works on versions of 5.3+.
You are probably using version 5.2 or older of PHP which will be well over 4 years old and has now no longer supported by PHP http://php.net/eol.php.
If you need to check your version of PHP you can try checking it by uploading the following code to the server
Contributors & Developers
“Easy Site Importer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release.
Added Support for All in One SEO and Add Meta plugins
Added option to import into a page or a post
Display of image results lists them within the titl
Fixed issue with constructor class doing to much work
Fixed issues with warnings being displayed
Add some more text to help explain error situations
Added ability to remove text from the post/page name